Thursday, October 7, 2010

Week 6 -Treatment Finished

Tuesday Cyrus had his last treatment. What a relief to have this finished...although it was nothing as bad as we had imagined! And while it is a relief to have this finished, I find myself in that place again...the place of unfamiliarity, of the unknown, and waiting for the next direction for our lives. We know now, more than ever, that we have no control in this life. We may think we do at times...but as we find in times as these, the human hand really has no real strength to direct our own path. I don't have control. Cyrus doesn't have control. I don't have the answers. But I do know who has my times in His hands....The God of all creation. The same God who created the earth in 7 days by simply speaking a command. The God who created me, who created you and every intricate part of us...He is in control, and He is guiding our paths...and when it comes right down to it, this truly is one of the most blessed truths to grasp as a believer. We will encounter trials, pain, uncertainty, heartbreak and death in this life...and we need not fear these things...for when they do come, He is there. He gives strength to us in that very moment we need it most. There's no use in trying to grasp it in the here and now...because He hasn't given us that grace to project how we might feel in those dark seasons....but we simply must trust in His goodness, and His capability, and His faithfulness to carry us through this life, no matter what it may bring. Even as I write this, I'm struggling to let this truth work itself out in my heart. It's not easy to surrender, but with Him all things are possible!

And I assure you...that in the darkest times, He brings the sweetest blessings! He brings Joy...that is not centered on the circumstances of this life.

So, on a practical side...we now wait until Oct. 28th to do the MRI on Cyrus and see what is happening in his brain. Cyrus has transitioned from remodeling, and is officially selling insurance full-time now. I'm relieved that he has a job that is much less taxing to his body. So, if any of you needs a quote for cheaper and better insurance coverage, Cy would be happy to help you out with that. I'm so proud of him for stepping into a new career path...I'm sure it's not easy....but he is doing a great job.


Prayer Requests:

• Please pray for me, that the Lord would hold back the anxiousness that wants to creep in. That I would be re-grounded in Him, and be able to receive the peace that passes all understanding. Please pray for me in the evenings...this is especially a hard time, when things quiet down, and it feels as though we're all alone in our home.

• Please pray for Cyrus as he adjust to a new job. There are lots of new things to learn in this field.

• Please pray for Cyrus to return to feeling his normal self now that treatment is finished. He has had almost no taste, and a few food aversions. He lost his hair on one side of his head.


Praise Reports:

• Dr. says that Cyrus's white blood cell count is right where is should be...which is remarkable for having just finished 6 weeks of treatment.

• Cyrus has stayed healthy through this whole process...even while me and the kids have had at least a couple bugs, he has been resistant to it!

We love you all! Please keep sending us  your encouragement, and reminders of your prayers and support, they mean so much to us! 

4 comments:

  1. Cyrus and Jonie,

    Please know that you are in our hearts and in our prayers.

    We are learning that much of what happens in this life simply doesn't make sense at times. And we cannot control anything.

    But what I do know is that our God is sovereign and He is on His throne. Why He allows us to go through the trials we go through in this life is a mystery, but He is preparing us for eternity. He wants us to cling tighter to Him and focus on the eternal things.

    Paul offers us all great encouragement that our suffering awaits glory in Romans chapter 8:17

    "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

    This life is but a blink of eye compared with eternity.

    Glory awaits.

    Blessings in Christ's love,

    Mark & Mary Faulkner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanie,

    I am Anna Everett's godmother. I remember meeting you when I visited Anna in Boise and again at her wedding.

    I just want you to know that a group of us at 3M prays for you, Cy, and family every Wednesday at lunch. We are believing with you. We are excited for all that God is doing. We stand in awe and humility.

    Thank you for your honesty in sharing. It makes thing real to us from a distance and makes you a sister we can identify with, because we are all earthen vessels with our own unique beauty and cracks and lopsidedness.

    To our surprise life goes on and children have birthdays, we do laundry, we laugh, we have bad days, and ALWAYS, we have Jesus.

    Your sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cyrus and Jonie :) Just wanted to tell you that we are thinking of you and praying for you and your family. The Lord is so good, I know He is going to do something great in your lives! What a testimony of true faith...
    Love ,
    KJ and Emily West

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cyrus and Jonie,

    I have been following your fight and triumph from Arizona. Cyrus was a friend and light in my life in junior high and I have never forgotten his kindness and friendship. You are in my thoughts and wishes on a regular basis. Wonderful people are always blessed with wonderful results and you are proof of this fact. Take care of one another and remember that people all over the world are fighting for your victory!

    Stephanie Noe

    ReplyDelete