Friday, September 17, 2010
4 Weeks down, 2 weeks to go. Cyrus is doing very well. Still no side effects...except a little bit of hair loss in the area where they beam him (the radiation beam that is). The aura's have decreased, and the Dr. says his white blood cell count is actually going UP!
When I think of the horrible thoughts I had envisioned in my mind, of what this season of treatment would look like, I am simply overjoyed by God's amazing mercy! I had imagined this season to be awful, but instead of my worst fears, the Lord has brought miraculous outcomes. This season has been so good...Cyrus is doing so well, and we've enjoyed each other, our family and our friends more because of this trial. No, we don't know the future, but we do know that the Lord has proven Himself faithful to His children, no matter the darkness of the storm surrounding them. He truly is the One who makes the darkness light, who makes the crooked paths straight, who binds up our wounded hearts, who walks with us through the deep waters and stands with us in the fire. Only He can walk us through this life...and give us Joy, Hope, Peace, Strength, Comfort, and so much more!
"You light a lamp for me. The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness. " -Psalm 18:28
Right now myself, Jack and Thea are all getting over a bug. Please pray that Cyrus wouldn't get it.
Thank you all for lifting up our prayer requests last week! God has been answering! We love you all!
• My brother found a Dr. who agreed to do surgery on his jaw without any money up front, and for 1/4 of the price the Dr.'s in Sun Valley were quoting!
• Lindsey's move went smoothly and the Lord provided a great apartment for her in West Boise! She loves her new job..and the Lord has provided in amazing specific answers to our prayers. She is already such a huge help and been such a blessing to us!
• Cyrus's aura's have been decreasing and white blood cell count going up!
• Please continue to lift up Brenda and Stephanie, our friends who are battling cancer.
• Please pray as we head into flu season, for protection for Cyrus and for our friends with cancer.
• We are still waiting to find out if we qualify for assistance with the hospital and Dr. bills, please pray for God's provision in this area.
• That the Lord would be glorified in this trial.
• That ours and others' FAITH would be built up as we see God's hand at work.
• Please pray for Vanessa & Denver as they move here this weekend. Vanessa will be working the night shift at St. Lukes Meridian, and is a little nervous about working night shift...please pray that the Lord would help her and her family to adjust smoothly and quickly to the new schedule. Please also pray for childcare for her girls during the days, while she tries to sleep.
at 2:34 PM